Wednesday 13 June 2012

Do you believe in fate?

Seriously do you believe in fate?


Coming from a family with super strong superstitious values, I do belive in fate sometimes..

Here's my story:

Last month, a week before my Hong Kong Trip, I accepted a job offer from a Japanese MNC and informed the company that I'd be starting my job after my long planned trip. Unluckily for me, I fell sick on the way back from Hong Kong to Singapore (my home), so I couldn't turn up at work on the next day.. The company sent me an email that they won't pursue my employment further due to my absence at work. I was so mad! How could they terminate my employment contract just because I fell sick on my first day at work?

You know what? It's all fated! 2 days after that contract termination, I received news from my doctor to perform emergency lap surgery to remove my endometriosis & ovarian cysts, so I could conceive real soon. After the surgery, I needed at least 2 weeks to recover & rest well. Can you imagine if I continue working in that company, I wouldn't be able to take hospitalisation leave and I would have delayed the surgery because I couldn't just take long leave when I just started my new job!

Yes, It's fated and I am happy the fact that I'm not working and I don't plan to right now because I'm focusing on TTC (Try-To-Conceive).

During our trip to Hong Kong, we visited a very famous temple there (pictures below). Many Chinese believe that their prayer will be answered directly by praying & asking the God's advice. I don't mean that prayer will be answered later, but a real direct ANSWER to their question. To be more precise, when they pray, they are holding a bamboo vase with lots of bamboo sticks inside and numbers written on the bamboo sticks (normally no. 1-100, I'm not too sure too), then when they are praying & asking question (one question only, not to confuse the God), they shake the bamboo vase until one bamboo stick with one number written on falls down. Then, they will take bamboo stick with number to the temple staff and ask the meaning of the number, normally they believe it's the answer from their prayer to God in the temple.

Well, as you see in my picture below, many believers are praying with a bamboo vase being shaken out (oh well, you can see the bamboo vase here). I saw a few Caucasians asking questions to the God too.. I was amazed!

My husband did ask a question: "When are we going to have a baby?". The answer was there's a chance but a precious chance, meaning yes we will have the baby, but with hard work, full determination, a precious time to wait. It also said that we have 2 chances to conceive in a year time.

Back from the temple, as you know many Chinese people are very superstitious including my family, they believe in fortune teller, fate, etc.. , my mother in law went to a fortune teller in Hong Kong to ask when am I going to hold a newborn? The answer from the lady fortune teller was pretty good, she said "real soon" and she also said that I'm going to have 2 sons & 1 daughter in the future. Nah!!

The funny thing was the lady fortune teller predicted ALL of us well, good job, good life, good this and that, yeah all of us got predicted to do very well in life. I wonder how could it be? There are always ups & downs in life, right? I guess, she was just being nice, she didn't want to say something nasty, although if she could see it, she didn't want to disappoint her clients, oh-oh?

Oh well, let's see if she's right! 






Hong Kong Temple



The famous Chicken Rice



Hong Kong street, unfortunately, it was a rainy day, we didn't go out that much :(




Loves,

Netty

No comments:

Post a Comment